Performance Review Process
The university requires that ALL staff members receive an annual performance evaluation. Performance management forms are available above. Supervisors should request that the staff on their team complete the self-appraisal and should take this information into consideration when completing the staff member’s annual review.
The second document is the 2019-2020 Performance Review and 2020-2021 Performance Plan, which should be completed by the supervisor. A conversation must occur between the supervisor and staff member to discuss the performance review and plan; we encourage utilizing Skype or Zoom. While this process may seem focused on documentation, the conversations between supervisors and staff are still the most important component. After supervisors complete the one-on-one performance review and planning discussion with the staff member, the form should be signed by both the employee and supervisor. We encourage using DocuSign to obtain signatures, as it will eliminate the need for scanning. The department manager or HR Initiator should load the form in DocuSign, using the HR to OnBase document, and route it for signature. Performance review meetings must take place before the forms are circulated for signature.
Instructions for Department Managers
All signed performance evaluation and plan forms must be uploaded individually (no mass uploads) to the employee’s personnel file in OnBase. The file should be loaded into the HR PF Performance Management folder. The college will be reviewing documents uploaded into OnBase to make sure that performance reviews have been completed for each regular staff member. If you have an individual that is “Below Expectations” consult with Scott Burlingame or MJ Tang before the review has been presented to the employee.
- Please be sure that forms are signed by both the employee and supervisor.
- Ratings must be selected for each category of the evaluation and an overall rating must be selected. Ratings are to be supported by comments in the “Comments” section for any rating category that is below or exceeds expectations.
- If you have self-evaluations or employee comments to submit, include them in the same file with the employee’s performance evaluation and plan.
- We encourage you to reach out to your HR Generalist if you have any questions.
- Forms are due by July 1, 2020.