College Allocated Fellowship Petition Request
Departments that would like to use a petition for a College-Allocated Fellowship (detailed in Section 9) need ASC approval. The petition materials should be submitted through the link below. If approved, a letter signed by Dean Casian will be generated through DocuSign and emailed to you to send to the Graduate School when you submit the fellowship nomination. Any questions about this process should be directed to Brian Orefice, Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuous Enrollment Tuition Award Application
The College of Arts and Sciences provides funds for 3 credit hours of Departmental Research hours (8999) and general and instructional fees for each qualifying resident student who is actively pursuing research away from the university under the terms of this program. The college will cover the non-resident student rate only for international students whose visas do not allow them to obtain Ohio resident status. Applications are subject to one of two annual deadlines: November 1 (for SP semester) or June 1 (for AU semester).
All students will be responsible for the cost of any additional required fees and the full cost of any required student health insurance and, for students traveling internationally, the cost of insurance need for international travel.
Post-candidacy doctoral students are required by the Graduate School to register for 3 credit hours every semester as part of the fixed cost of maintaining a relationship with The Ohio State University as they work towards completion of their degrees (see section 7.8 of the Graduate School Handbook).
For more information on eligibility and application processes, visit the ASC website.
Matching Tuition and Fee Awards
Eligibility: Please review the Graduate School guidelines for the Matching Tuition and Fee Award which limit this program to funding agencies that do not provide funds to cover tuition and fees. Agencies that cap funds for tuition and fees are eligible for a partial Matching Tuition and Fee Award. Requests that do not meet this eligibility requirement will not be endorsed by the College.
Application Process: Departments that would like to request a Graduate School for an externally funded graduate student fellowship or for a grant proposal need ASC approval. The application should be submitted no later than three weeks prior to the grant submission deadline. If approved, a prioritization letter signed by Dean Casian and any other required materials will be uploaded into the Graduate School system on your behalf. Any questions about this process should be directed to Brian Orefice, Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, at email@example.com.
- The College will generally support the following applications:
- Multidisciplinary proposals that bridge different programs and/or colleges
- Reflect the OSU Discovery Themes
- Support diversity initiatives and underrepresented populations
- Application requirements (in one document):
- Highlight how your application supports at least one of the ASC priorities listed above. Include a brief statement about the graduate student opportunities that will be provided (nature of the GRA experience). This will be included in the prioritization letter.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) guidelines, or something from the agency that provides information about the opportunity, rules or requirements for the grant, etc. The tuition and fees policy must be included in the document.
- Proposal budget
Graduate Student Fellowships or Scholarships:
- Graduate student awards from prestigious programs (such as Fulbright, etc.) that do not provide funds for tuition and fees, provide only partial funding, or require an institutional match, are eligible for this program.
- Funds must be from an external (non-OSU) agency; however, endowed OSU fellowships or scholarships that are funded through external donations may be considered.
- Applications may be submitted by graduate students directly, or by their faculty advisor or graduate studies chair on their behalf. Applications may be submitted post-award. Please include (in one document):
- A brief statement about the benefits of the fellowship/scholarship and a description of the graduate student's future or current research (such as a dissertation abstract). This will be included in the prioritization letter.
- Fellowship/scholarship guidelines, or something from the agency that provides information about the rules or requirements for the grant, etc. (an award letter is sufficient if applying post-award).