College Allocated Fellowship Petition Request
Departments that would like to use a petition for a College-Allocated Fellowship (detailed in Section 9) need ASC approval. The petition materials should be submitted through the link below. If approved, a letter signed by Dean King will be generated through DocuSign and emailed to you to send to the Graduate School when you submit the fellowship nomination. Any questions about this process should be directed to Brian Orefice, Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, at email@example.com.
Matching Tuition and Fee Awards
Eligibility: Please review the Graduate School guidelines for the Matching Tuition and Fee Award which limit this program to funding agencies that do not provide funds to cover tuition and fees. Agencies that cap funds for tuition and fees are eligible for a partial Matching Tuition and Fee Award. Requests that do not meet this eligibility requirement will not be endorsed by the College. Important note: DO NOT apply to the Graduate School directly. You must submit your materials to the College through the application accessed through the purple "Apply Now" button at the bottom of this page.
Application Process: Departments that would like to request a Graduate School for an externally funded graduate student fellowship or for a grant proposal need ASC approval. The application should be submitted no later than three weeks prior to the grant submission deadline (graduate student fellowships or scholarships may be submitted post-award). If approved, a prioritization letter signed by Dean King and any other required materials will be uploaded into the Graduate School system on your behalf. Any questions about this process should be directed to Brian Orefice, Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The College will generally support the following applications:
- Support diversity initiatives and underrepresented populations
- Increase the number of graduate students supported on external awards
- Multidisciplinary proposals that bridge different programs and/or colleges
- Reflect the OSU Discovery Themes
- Application requirements (in one document):
- Justification Statement: Highlight how your application supports at least one of the ASC priorities listed above. Describe the graduate student opportunities that will be provided, identifying specific skills and experiences the GRAs will obtain through their involvement. This will be included in the prioritization letter.
- Request for Proposals (RFP): Provide documentation from the funding agency that provides information about the eligibility, guidelines, or requirements for the grant, etc. The tuition and fees policy must be included in the document.
- Proposal Budget
Graduate Student Fellowships or Scholarships:
- Graduate student awards from prestigious external programs (such as Fulbright, etc.) that do not provide funds for tuition and fees, provide only partial funding, or require an institutional match, are eligible for this program.
- Applications may be submitted by graduate students directly, or by their faculty advisor or graduate studies chair on their behalf. Applications may be submitted post-award. Please include (in one document):
- A brief statement about the benefits of the fellowship/scholarship and a description of the graduate student's future or current research (such as a dissertation abstract). This will be included in the prioritization letter.
- Fellowship/scholarship guidelines, or something from the agency that provides information about the rules or requirements for the grant, etc. (an award letter is sufficient if applying post-award). The tuition and fees policy must be included in the document.
- A budget for how the grant funds will be used.